17.10.2010 - 20.10.2010 88 °F
The past and a half have been been a blast and I have had the time of my life. I feel sad today, as I am now getting close to the end of this amazing journey, which I am very grateful to have experienced and would not change any part of it.
I arrive at KL full of excitement as I am meeting my mum at the airport. My mum has never been to Asia before so I was excited about spending time with her and introducing her to a place I fell in love with last year.
Of course in my eyes there is only one hotel to stay and that is 'Traders' with the amazing Twin Towers view at an extra price, which of course I had to book for my mum and I, only the best for my mum. Let me share with you a little about this amazing place.
KL is a modern metropolis in a jungle landscape, an affluent capital - one which combines modern sophistication and old-word charm. Highlights of KL are:
- Chinatown - JI Petaling is a bustling street market and the Central Market sells Malay arts and crafts. The night market sets up around 5pm selling everything fake!!!
- Sri Mahamariamman Temple - KL's main Hindu Temple is one of the most elaborate in the country. Accessed via Pasar Seni LTR station or the KL Monorail.
- Little India - Jalan Masjid has the feel of a bazaar with the sari shops adding brilliant colour to the scene and plenty of incense and spices.
- Golden Triangle - KL's business entertainment and shopping district Menara Kuala Lumpur is the 4th telecommunications tower in the world - the scene from the viewing deck is pretty impressive. The world's 2nd tallest skyscraper Petronas Towers combines Islamic and modern architecture - visits to the 41st floor skybridge connecting he towers are free.
For me KL is shopping paradise all the famous brand names all under one roof... see shopping below:-
- Central Market (Pasar Seni) - Offers an assortment of arts and crafts items - antiques, souvenirs, clothing
- Kuala Lumpur Craft Complex - Styled like a Malay village this artists colony houses handicraft shops, and art workshop and craft museum.
- Plaza Low Yat - 6 floors of gadgets and electronics of every description
- Petaling Street (China town night market) - From fake Gucci bags to the latest DVD releases the night market has it all.
A place which is a must to visit especially if you have children or like me, are a kid at heart is Afamosa Animal World Safari and park. It is open daily from 09.00 - 17.00 and has so much to offer. Along with the Animal Safari you can also visit the near by Water World and Cowboy Town, it also offers the following:-
- Horse Riding; Fishing; Bicycle & Chariot Rides; Jungle Trekking; Kite Flying; Paintball; Go-Karts; Swimming Pool